Your Guide to Residential Steel Roofing Aesthetics
- On April 5, 2023
The housing market is continuing to grow, which means that the demand for new construction homes as well as the repairing and remodelling of existing homes is growing as well. One of the big trends popular among homeowners and developers is the focus on sustainability and energy efficiency.
As such, it should come as no surprise that many homeowners are investing in metal roofing. Not only is metal roofing incredibly durable and sustainable, but it also provides superior design flexibility, allowing you to fully customize your home’s exterior. The following is a look at the aesthetic benefits that metal roofing has to offer:
Aesthetic Benefits of Residential Steel Roofing
Homeowners who haven’t had a chance to look into metal roofing yet may have a preconceived notion that metal roofs are plain and boring. However, this is far from the truth. In fact, metal roofing has several aesthetic advantages over other types of roofing and includes the following benefits:
- Colour Options: Metal roofing from Ironclad is available in four colour options, including Onyx, Umber, Ruby, and Jasper. This allows homeowners to select the colour that best suits their home, property, and neighbourhood.
- Eye-Catching Accent: Even if you decide not to go with a complete metal roof, you can always use metal roofing as a decorative accent. Many homeowners choose to install metal roofing on their covered porches or around the edges of their roofs as an added detail. This can add a unique and eye-catching touch to your home’s exterior.
- Fits Any Home Style: Because of its versatility, metal roofing can be used on almost any home style. Whether you have a traditional Colonial or a contemporary ranch-style home, metal roofing can enhance its existing design.
Steel Roofing Matches Any Home Style
The following are just a few examples of different home styles and how they can benefit from metal roofing:
- Ranch: Ranch homes have a simple, boxy design which makes them perfect for metal roofing. Metal roofing can add a rustic element to the overall aesthetic. Metal roof panels with a natural tone are more likely to complement the use of brick in ranch homes as well.
- Craftsman: Craftsman homes are known for their use of wood, stone, and metal, which makes steel roofing a perfect fit. Additionally, grey and brown roofing panels are more likely to complement the cladding and accents of a craftsman-style home.
- Colonial: Colonial homes have a more traditional aesthetic, so homeowners may want to opt for metal roofing in darker shades. Darker roofing panels can provide a contrast that helps emphasize the symmetry of colonial homes while adding a classic touch.
- Tudor: Tudor homes are known for their steep-pitched roofs, which means a durable roofing material is essential. A darker metal roof will hold up on a Tudor home and also complement the brickwork and accents that the style is known for.
- Modern: Modern homes tend to have clean lines and low-pitched roofs, which means the roof won’t be as visible as on other types of homes. However, a metal roof in a bolder colour, such as black or red, will add just enough contrast to highlight the home’s architectural features. Additionally, the metal roof’s sleek lines will complement the overall modern style.
- Cabin: Cabin-style homes typically have a rustic design, meaning metal roofing panels with a natural tone are perfect for this type of home. Metal roofs can provide an element of protection to your home while still maintaining its cabin-style charm.
- Farmhouse: Farmhouse homes often feature a combination of metal and shingles, making them the perfect candidate for metal roofing. Metal roofing panels in a natural tone will help blend in with the other materials and create a cohesive look.
Steel Roofing’s Aesthetic Versatility Adds Curb Appeal
Metal roofing is a great option for homeowners looking to add aesthetic value and appeal to their homes. Whether you’re looking for a subtle accent or want to make a bold statement by adding visual contrast, metal roofing can be used to achieve the look you want.
How Much Does a Residential Steel Roofing Cost?
There are a lot of factors that contribute to the cost of a metal roof, including the size of the roof, the pitch of the roof, and the amount of labour required, to name a few. It’s worth mentioning that when you look at the initial cost, a metal roof is going to be more expensive than other types of roofing materials, such as asphalt shingles. However, you’re more likely to save money in the long run. A metal roof can last up to 60 years, whereas an asphalt shingle roof will only last 15 to 20 years.
Why Choose Residential Steel Roofing?
When it comes to roofing, metal is one of the best materials available. It’s strong, durable, and has a lifespan that far exceeds other types of roofing materials. In addition, metal roofs are resistant to fire and rot, thereby helping add an extra layer of protection that other roofing materials can’t offer.
Additionally, metal roofing is eco-friendly and doesn’t require much maintenance. If you ever end up replacing your metal roof, you’ll be able to recycle it, making it an incredibly sustainable option.
We Offer Durable and Beautiful Steel Roofing
At Ironclad Roofing, we offer steel roofing systems with timeless elegance. Our metal roofing panels are designed to improve the look of your home while providing superior protection and energy efficiency. For more information about our metal roof systems, be sure to contact us online or call us at 905-752-4685 to speak with one of our specialists directly.
What You Should Know About Metal Roof Vents